Library/Media Center Policies
1. Hours - The library is open from 7:15 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
2. Library Use - Students may use the library during classes with a pass in the Student Agenda from the teacher whose class the student is leaving. Before and after school, students may use the library to complete assignments, use computer resources or read and check out books. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times. Students will be asked to leave if they cannot abide by library rules.
3. Student Book bags - All book bags will be deposited on the shelf just inside the main door. Materials needed for the hour may be taken to the tables or computers.
4. Book Check-outs - All books will be circulated by computer for a two-week period. Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time unless special arrangements are made with the librarian. No books will be checked out to a student who currently has an overdue book or a library fine for a lost/damaged book. Reference books, reserved books, overnight materials, and periodicals may be checked out during the last period of the day and are due before the first period of the next school day.
5. Lost or Damaged Books - Students must pay the replacement cost of any book which has been lost or damaged.
7. Borrower ID Cards - Each student will be issued an ID card. The card will be used to check out library materials and textbooks. No books will be checked out without an ID card.
8. Research Computers - The library computers will be used for research only. Playing games, accessing e-mail, or downloading material not directly connected to a class assignment is prohibited. All students must adhere to the LPSB Student Acceptable Use Policy.
9. Conduct - Students are expected to be self-disciplined and to use time in the library to read and/or do research.